Analog/Mixed-Signal Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The wireless RFIC team architects, designs, and validates radio transceivers integrated into complex wireless SoCs. Our transceivers have powered wireless connectivity solutions for Apple wearable products, enabling the smallest form factor at the lowest power envelope. You will have the opportunity to do innovative development in transceiver design while working closely with systems and product teams at Apple. In this role, you will be a part of the RFIC design team responsible for providing RF solutions for wireless chips. Would you like to join us and become part of this dynamic team?
- 3+ years of analog and mixed signal design experience, including 2+ years of active RC filter design, gm-C filters, operational amplifier design, or sigma-delta ADC design
- Hands-on experience in analog filter design and modeling in Matlab
- Switched-capacitor amplifier and filter design experience a plus
- Deep understanding of IC process variation and layout parasitics
- Good knowledge of device noise, mismatch, linearity
- Proven track record for bringing Analog/Mixed-Signal designs into mass production
- Extensive experience in Si characterization and debug of integrated analog filters
- Ability to drive production test/QA methodologies for integrated filters
You will: • Design active and passive filters, operational amplifiers, variable gain amplifiers, high-speed buffers, calibration circuits, bandgap references and LDOs. • Work with the platform architects and system teams to refine relevant analog filter specs for power/area/performance trade-offs. • Drive floorplan and layout toward successful tape-out using best-practice layout techniques. • Define and run top-level verification and modeling of analog IPs. • Define bench bring-up and test plans and validate/characterize/debug designs into high volume production.
Education & Experience
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.