Software/Firmware Engineer - Apple TV
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Apple TV product team is looking for an extraordinary software engineer. If your experienced in firmware development, low level drivers, software-for-hardware-validation tool development for on embedded systems, and proof-of-concept SW development in a rapid prototyping environment towards product feature and technology R&D. You join a fast paced team with direct interaction across Apple’s broad hardware, technology, and software organizations. Responsibilities will include the design, development, integration, validation, and QA of complex software for validating our next generation hardware products, SW development for prototype hardware and investigation of future technologies.
- You have excellent programming skills and knowledge of C/C++ and experience with Unix/Linux kernel
- Do you have experience with embedded or resource-constrained environments and writing software tools for hardware validation?
- Do you love validating SOCs with embedded firmware?
- We value your experience developing automation tools intended to scale towards broad test coverage coupled with architecting firmware and hardware/firmware/software interfaces experience.
- Your deep understanding of modern software principles and practices along with writing application level SW and integrating SW/FW from different sources makes you a valued teammate.
We would like to see 5+ years of Low Level/Embedded software/firmware development Systems programming or systems level experience, but if you have less and are a rockstar it might work. You have development experience on Unix, Linux or Mac OS X Hardware technologies experience with USB, PCIe, ARM, SPI, I2C, I2S, JTAG, NAND, DDR SDRAM, PMU, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, HDMI, DisplayPort we should talk more. Your successful track record working with teams across functions is valuable as we don't have org charts we rely on relationships to innovate. Come do your life's best work with us at Apple TV.
Education & Experience
Your BS is essential and we prefer a MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.