Software QA Engineer - Computer Vision
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple we tackle large scale engineering challenges to provide beautiful, intuitive products to our users. To build, maintain, and extend the necessary architecture for these tasks we are looking for an excellent software engineer in test. For us, algorithms, infrastructure, quality assurance and reporting are tightly integrated. We work in small teams on large scale problems, and you can expect to interact consistently with senior engineers and researchers. We are able to make reliable progress and deliver world-class products because we are committed to code quality, testability and maintainability, critical skills to pick up in the early part of a software engineering career.
- Strong practical knowledge of Python or other scripting language
- Real passion for quality, exceptional attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, QA terminology and processes
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, be able to describe and document clearly
- Ability to multi-task and handle tasks with varying priorities
- Ability to work multi-functionally with other teams and groups
- Experience with computer vision & video processing preferred
- Experience with image evaluation and performance testing preferred
As a QA Engineer in this role, you will work closely with software design and development team to understand architectural diagrams, and utilize the information to develop QA strategies. You will be responsible for designing and maintaining manual and automation test plan used in the testing of computer vision algorithms and applications. This also includes monitoring algorithm performance & testing result analysis, tracking bug reports and driving them to resolution.
Education & Experience
BS or MS CS/CE/EE (or equivalent)