Engineering Manager, NLP and Applied Machine Learning
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Here, at the Siri International team within Apple we bring the Siri Intelligent Assistant to our customers worldwide in over 40 languages and dialects. Join us, and tackle some of the most challenging problems in natural language processing and large scale applied machine learning. You will build cutting edge natural language understanding technologies and deploy them on a global scale. Your work will advance and shape the future vision of our multi-lingual, multi-cultural Siri assistant, macOS/iOS SDKs, and Search applications used by millions across the world. Apple is looking for a highly motivated engineering manager with background in applied machine learning and natural language processing. This position gives you an opportunity to work on challenging problems in natural language processing across different languages.
- Proven track record in a leadership role, demonstrated aptitude in managing complex backend infrastructure projects.
- In-depth knowledge of machine learning algorithms and ability to apply them in data driven natural language processing systems.
- Demonstrated aptitude in building and launching large-scale NLP and ML systems.
- Experience in building and managing technical teams strongly desired.
- Solid understanding of the full development lifecycle, developing detailed technical designs, and implementation.
- Strong cross-functional partnerships and leadership skills.
We are looking for a highly motivated technologist with a strong background in natural language processing and applied machine learning. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of development of large scale mission critical applications while leading, growing and managing a team of elite engineers. Candidate in this role will architect innovative solutions while playing a hands-on development role to deliver products in a rapid and dynamic environment. The primary responsibility of this role is to apply and ship innovative machine learning and NLP solutions for the Siri assistant and various other Apple products to surprise and delight our customers. You will also have the opportunity to scale these innovations and technologies across a variety of languages. Close collaboration with other research group will give you the opportunity to help define future technical directions of Siri International.
Education & Experience
MS degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent field with 6+ years of work experience in related fields.