Technical Program Manager (TPM), Speaker
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple we don’t just create products — we create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. It takes deeply dedicated, intelligent and hard-working individuals to maintain and exceed the high expectations for Apple. You will lead a team of multi-functional engineers in support of new product development as well as sustaining operations and ensuring the contract manufacturer readiness for very high volume production.
- 7+ years of experience in development or manufacturing of consumer electronic products/components
- Experience with manufacturing and test of speakers or MEMs microphones, a plus
- Strong project management skills, working in a global matrix-organization.
- Proven project management experience (Planning, Cost, Quality & Delivery).
- Self-starter, and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Innovation, integrity and attention to details.
- Experience working with international OEM partners.
- Willingness to travel internationally > 30%
Process Development: Collaborate with suppliers and engineering teams in developing the manufacturing blueprint for engineering builds. i.e. process flows, equipment/fixture designs, implementation schedules and validation plans. Utilization of DOE’s, FMEA and other industry standard tools to purposefully identify and address risks and optimize process parameters. Develop robust processes for failure analysis on customer returns and factory fallout to drive continuous improvement. Program Management: Act as Ops technical lead in communicating project readiness and identifying risks. Lead multi-functional activities in the supply chain for overall operational readiness in all NPI phases leading into Mass Production. Drive project technical and operational issues with respect to material, process, fixtures, equipment etc. during the NPI phase to enable delivery of a mature product and manufacturing process into Mass Production. Supplier Management: Evaluate prospective suppliers regarding production capability & quality management. Lead suppliers by providing technical direction to establish and validate (utilizing statistical tools) process capability to Apple standards in meeting innovative product designs as well as test and quality requirements. Establish quality programs and manufacturing process control plans for early detection of issues, and to ensure the highest level of quality and reliability is consistently delivered.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Engineering - Acoustic, Electronic or Electro-Mechanical Engineering focus, a plus
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here. Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here. Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more. Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn More.