Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Voice is a convenient and natural way for people to engage with apps and access the content and services they provide. With SiriKit and Siri Shortcuts, developers can make key features of their app available on an iOS device, Apple Watch, HomePod, or in the car with CarPlay. Siri creates an intelligent, personalized experience by proactively offering shortcuts based on time of day, location, and type of motion. And, with the Shortcuts app, people can build powerful shortcuts with multiple steps and run them with a single tap or by using their voice. As Apple’s Siri Evangelist, you’ll work closely with app developers to deliver best-in-class Siri voice interactions with Siri Shortcuts and SiriKit. You must be passionate about conversational UI design, posses deep expertise in interaction design, substantial experience designing workflows for a broad range of tasks and domains, and be a clear, concise and expressive writer. You must have exceptional oral communication and people skills since you’ll be presenting in public, working cross-functionally within Apple, and working side by side with developers on a daily basis.
- 5+ years interaction, visual and/or product design
- Demonstrable hands-on experience with iOS app design
- Strong understanding of app development process and Apple frameworks
- Critical eye for attention to detail
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Possess a professional and credible demeanor
- Proven public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent collaborative and creative problem-solving skills
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Motivated, proactive, outgoing, and comfortable working in a loosely structured organization
- Diverse industry experience
- Prepared to travel worldwide
Work with app developers to integrate SiriKit or Siri Shortcuts. Guide them towards a holistic strategy around voice and help them understand which interactions to focus on. Conduct design reviews to refine and optimize the Siri experience including when users are prompted to record Siri Shortcuts and how best to remind them of previously recorded phrases. Help maintain and extend design documentation. Identify, document, and communicate progress, trends, and technical issues to teams within Apple. Plan and oversee technical sessions for Apple's annual Worldwide Developer Conference, and more.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or equivalent in Human Computer Interaction Design, Interaction Design, User Experience Design, Communication Design, Information Architecture, or equivalent experience.