Content Partner Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
As part of a team, you will work closely with our partners to migrate the Apple TV app onto new platforms. This role will collect and understand the requirements for new platforms, clearly communicate those requirements with the larger team, and help manage the pipeline of new features and issues being reported. As issues are reported you will engage with partners to investigate & debug issues, help to resolve problems , provide solutions and triage appropriately. Manage the technical engagement with our partner platforms Help with initial app bring up on new platforms First line debugging and triaging of issues Collaborate with internal and external engineering teams to communicate requirements, issues, and resolutions
- 2 to 6+ years experience with video technologies including HTTP live streaming
- You have a deep understanding of computer science fundamentals (data structures, design, performance, debugging,..)
- Strong experience with data interchange formats such as XML, JSON Experience with Objective C and Swift.
- You also have experience with iOS and tvOS app development and release
- Comfortable using a shell environment and common system utilities such as ssh, grep, tail
- We value experience working with QA/QC, issue tracking and documentation
- You have the ability to work with and lead multiple projects and timelines, so time management will be crucial.
- You love collaborating under tight deadlines and tackle problems with imaginative and elegant solutions.
- You are excited about reaching millions of users across our many platforms
- You bring an affinity for Apple Media Products and digital content, in general.
- Strong communications skills
- Able to manage multiple projects
- Problem solver
- Experience with multi-platform development (Linux, Android, embedded)
- Understands the full video stack, including HLS and content protection
Engage with external partners as they integrate their content with Apple TV App, and other Video features. You will provide support to external partners by investigating issues and help to provide solutions for integration. Evaluate partner video streams, and serve as liaison to internal video groups to help problem solve. Responsible for reporting vendor progress and tracking issues to resolution. Responsible for tracking vendor feedback on new feature requests. You will work with a team of engineers who are passionate about building new technologies and tools.
Education & Experience
BS CS/CE/EE or equivalent experience