Data Scientist , Universal Media
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Universal Media is seeking an outstanding lead Data Scientist to drive the next generation knowledge graph powering Apple’s Media and Sports discovery. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Bring your 7+ Years industry experience working with Data Science to our team
- You have hands-on experience with NLP, mining of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
- You have a rich history of crafting new solutions to evolving problems
- You bring an affinity for Apple Media Products and digital content, in general.
- You enjoy paying attention to details almost as much as the big technical wins
- You are passionate about working with large scale data sets
- You bring experience with Solr/ Lucene, Cassandra and related technologies
- You have experience with machine learning tools and libraries such as Spark
- You have an intuitive understanding of machine learning algorithms, supervised and unsupervised modeling techniques
- You are highly technical, detail-oriented, creative, motivated, and focused on achieving results.
- You are excited about reaching millions of users across our many platforms
- You share our obsession with quality
- We value your strong interpersonal skills as well as experience driving decisions across diverse organizations
- You love collaborating under tight deadlines and tackles problems with imaginative and elegant solutions.
- Your creative problem solving skills will be utilized daily
- You’ll work with a team of engineers who are passionate about building new technologies and tools
We offer an excellent opportunity for an Applied Data Scientist to join the Universal Media Team. You will chartered with building a comprehensive knowledge graph for powering Apple's TV App, Siri, Safari search and discovery services across all Apple platforms. You are a self starting, energetic individual with excellent interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization. We provide an environment where you will take ownership of projects that focus on topics such as classification, attribute ranking, filtering, mapping or enriching of entity records or their data. You will have the opportunity to implement standard and proprietary algorithms for handling and processing data. You will use distributed data processing and analysis methodologies. You will work alongside other cross-functional teams closely, in order to bring the best customer experiences to life. Be a part of an innovative, impactful team making a difference to customer's relationship with Apple products.
Education & Experience
Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics or related field or equivalent experience
- Great to Have - Server side Java development experience Experience Ranking entities or attributes Experience with Catalogs generation and Mapping techniques Knowledge of Graph databases Multimodal learning application