Software Engineer, Videos
San Francisco, California, United States
Software and Services
Our team is responsible for backend systems that support the newly launched Apple TV+ streaming service. We handle billions of requests per day and our backend systems power the user experience in all platforms where Apple TV app is supported, including iOS, tvOS, macOS, Roku, Fire TV, and Samsung TV. We are building and constantly improving our infrastructure. We are in an exciting phase of our growth and we have an endless list of challenging problems that are waiting to be solved!
- Ideal candidate will have exposure to some of the following:
- Built backend services for consumer products
- Designed or worked with complex domain models
- Created beautiful APIs
- Built highly scalable micro-services
- Fluent in Java and have opinions about Java Stream, asynchronous programming, dependency injection
- Take pride in your unit tests
- Worked with message driven programming using Kafka or other messaging technologies
- Insights into caching technologies
- Knowledge of key/value or column stores
We are looking for backend engineers who are passionate about building great products. If you are a self-starting, energetic individual with great communication skills and enjoy watching TV shows, then we would love to hear from you!
Education & Experience
BS or higher in Computer Science or equivalent.