Full Stack Java Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We are seeking an extraordinary software engineer to join the Universal Media Engineering team responsible for powering Siri and Universal Search for the new Apple TV, Safari and Spotlight across all Apple devices. As a Universal Media team member, you will own key modules of the product and be responsible for delivering industry grade, quality solutions. We offer an environment where you are an integral part of an innovative, impactful team making a difference. Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Apple Universal Media team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- You have 5+ years experience in a professional, programming position
- We value experience developing RESTful APIs
- You are not intimidated by relational and non-relational data stores (e.g.: Oracle, Cassandra, Redis)
- You have mastered with search platforms (e.g.: Solr)
- Great understanding of MVC patterns for web applications
- You have experience with *nix and OSX
- You are familiar with version control systems such as Git
- You bring a depth of experience working with large code bases
- You are passionate about reaching millions of users across our many platforms
- You love collaborating under tight deadlines and pursuing problems with imaginative and elegant solutions.
- You have passion for technology, value life-long learning, and enjoy finding the right tool for the job.
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
You are a self-motivated, energetic individual with excellent interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization. You should have a track record of developing web applications. If you have enjoyed working in the media space or have an interest in it, you will find this a phenomenal team to join. Our team feature a collaborative environment with creative, smart people and groundbreaking technologies. Engineering excellence is the norm and encouraged. Care to come join us in crafting new solutions?
Education & Experience
BS CS/CE/EE or equivalent experience