Software Engineer, Dev Ops, Videos
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Videos group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access content from video providers on their devices while helping those video providers promote and monetize their work. The Videos group develops leading video content applications on the iOS and tvOS platforms including but not limited to the TV app, iTunes Movies, and iTunes TV Shows.
- You bring a wealth of knowledge of Java Build Systems and Tools including: Maven, Ant, Gradle.
- You have worked extensively with Build Tools and Languages included: Java, C, C++, Ruby, Python.
- You know your way around server clusters consisting of hundreds or thousands of machines.
- You have worked with automated build systems such as Jenkins or TeamCity. A desire to write tools and applications to automate work rather than do everything by hand.
- Familiarity with Splunk for investigating or monitoring problems on systems is valued
- Ability to use and build web applications using REST, JSON, or similar protocols.
- Experience in machine system configuration using tools such as: Puppet, Chef, Salt, Docker. Linux system administration experience: ssh, monitoring processes, attaching storage, cleaning disk space, tailing logs will provide you with a great foundation to be successful.
- Experience with Java test frameworks such as JUnit.
- Experience implementing Continuous Integration or Continuous Delivery processes in engineering teams.
- Experience leading and integrating test automation into various points in a deployment pipeline.
- Knowledge of Java Code Coverage Tools: Jacoco, Sonar, or Clover.
The group is looking for a talented software engineer to help build the future of video across our platforms. Our team is responsible for exposing Apple Media content and services to the world, and building the infrastructure for next generation internal and external systems.
Education & Experience
BS or higher in Computer Science or equivalent.