Finance Billing Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you’ll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple’s growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. You’ll also collaborate with Apple teams across the world to develop more effective investment strategies and risk management. Finance is essential to upholding our global commitment to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company’s future. Join us, and you’ll have a meaningful role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success. The Finance Billing Analyst will play a pivotal role in overseeing the monthly order to cash and billing process for the Advertising Platforms business. This position is responsible for the day-to-day facilitation of the order to cash process, working with different internals teams and external customers. The role requires an analytical thinker who will take a quantitative approach to solve challenging problems. This person should have an understanding of financial concepts and systems tools. The role requires someone who is organized and detail-oriented with strong interpersonal skills. The ability to calmly and effectively juggle multiple projects at any given time is essential for success in this role.
- 1-3 years of financial related experience
- organized and detail-oriented
- Motivated problem solver. Motivated self-starter with ability to quickly learn and take on new responsibilities. Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and lead ongoing projects. Strong time management and organizational skills
- Comfortable and collected in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Address issues with quick turnarounds
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Interest with systems, financial planning & analysis systems, billing systems
- Strong Excel skills. Solid analytical skills
- Oversee the order to cash process for global Advertising Platforms businesses - Drive the month end close process related to billing and revenue posting. Develop and analyze spreadsheets to process monthly, quarterly billing - Collaborate with internal partners to facilitate billing and invoice inquiries. Investigate, review, and provide resolution to billing related issues - Communicate with external A/P departments as well as internal teams to resolve billing discrepancies. Investigate and troubleshoot any discrepancies and disputes that arise - Partner with Engineering team when technical issues arise and work on solution to correct any finance issues that need to be addressed - Partner with internal teams (Sales & A/R teams) on collection escalations - Act as Order to cash subject matter expert for project related work - Ability to quantify, document and recommend solutions to business problems - Maintain deep understanding of business logic, systems, and data - Complete ad hoc analysis as needed
Education & Experience
• Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.