Sensor Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sensing Technology empowers Apple products with revolutionary features, such as TouchID, FaceID and TrueTone Display. The Apple Sensing Technology Engineering team is responsible for the research, design, development, and test of various sensing hardware. This team is seeking an extraordinary engineer with responsibilities of developing and deploying the test infrastructure for the mass production of different sensing hardware for the Apple product line.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Optics related hardware/software development.
- Hands-on programming experience on C/C++, Python or MATLAB
- Good fundamental electrical circuit knowledge
- Solid understanding on Optics
- A genuine real passion for diagnosing hardware and software issues.
- Exceptional HW/SW analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding laser sensing technology is preferred.
- Image processing algorithm development experience is preferred
- Self-motivated professional, ability to handle multi-tasking operations and deliver on a tight schedule.
- Excellent collaborative skill and ability to work in a highly dynamic environment.
- Frequent domestic and international travel to both Apple and supplier’s facilities
- Work with multi-functional teams to define the test methodology for various sensing hardware. - Authoring sensor technology test engineering requirement documents. - Design, develop and maintain the entire sensor test stations. - Work as a team to prototype, bring up, debug and characterize test fixtures for new products. - Work with both the internal team and the external vendors to optimize test system to meet Apple's quality standard for high volume production. - Deliver executive level summaries and presentations.
Education & Experience
MS / PhD Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent