Web Applications Engineer - TTS
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile computing. Build groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, spoken language, big data, and artificial intelligence. And work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Join the Siri Speech team at Apple.
- Expert in full-stack web development
- Experience building responsive web applications and scalable microservices backends
- Experienced in creating clean, flexible, RESTful APIs
- Strong knowledge in crafting scalable database backends
- Proven experience with database design, queueing, caching, containers, APIs, security and the operational aspects of running large systems
- Proficient experience in Python preferred
The Siri Speech Tools team is responsible for building tools that drive the daily usage by the team to reproduce production issues, run experiments, lead tests, and analyze data. Our engineers are expected to operate in a loosely structured environment, build relationships across organizational boundaries, drive feature definition and development, and understand the business and cultural processes behind the technical challenges. You are excited to work on a project that goes well beyond a standard web application. You will own the initiative to build an internal web application and a web API for the speech recognition services underlying Siri, a multi-functional effort spanning multiple teams and organizations.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent