Graphics Modeling Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. We are seeking a Graphics Modeling Engineer will deliver high-quality GPU function and/or performance models to meet the needs of GPU hardware development. This includes writing models for functional development and verification of a GPU design, performance exploration, performance validation, and power estimation. You will collaborate closely with the architecture team, hardware design team, design and verification teams.
- Proven expertise and knowledge of graphics rendering algorithms and architectures
- Experience with GPU APIs, OpenGL, OpenCL, DirectX, Metal
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills
- GPU modeling experience, no matter function or performance, is a strong plus
- Experience with graphics device drivers is ideal
- Experience with scripting, DPI, Verilog/VHDL, Specman/System Verilog, design verification methodology and tools a plus
- Team leadership experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate under bold schedules.
Develop/maintain bit-accurate function C/C++ model for hardware verification Develop/maintain cycle-approximate perf C/C++ model for performance analysis - Analyze model results and propose architectural and micro-architectural changes Design and implement GPU level verification API and tools Create automated flows for graphics core verification and infrastructure for performance exploration and verification Support GPU hardware and software teams during model and design bring-up.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD CE, EE, or CS