iOS Power Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you passionate about making battery life phenomenal on devices that are used by millions of people? Do you enjoy solving challenging problems? Do you feel comfortable working with many cross-functional teams in a fast paced and dynamic environment? If this describes you, we would love to hear from you! In role, you will constantly be challenged to learn Apple’s latest features and technologies to ensure they ship with extraordinary battery life. You will dive into how different features and system services are designed, and work with multi- functional teams to the energy efficiency of their code. We constantly look to improve on energy efficiency, and are always finding ways to safeguard our customer's battery life experience while we provide 3rd party developers a rich platform to develop advanced features. Every ounce of energy you save million of users and devices, resulting in a greener earth!
- Strong system level understanding
- Good coding skills, preferably in C/C++/Objective C
- Excellent debugging skills to solve challenging problems
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Deep understanding of networking concepts
You will work with cross-functional teams to optimize power across all layers of software stack for features in next generation iOS devices like iPhone, iPad and Watch. To be successful in this role, you must have a keen interest in understanding how things work end to end, and be able to think of innovative solutions to improve battery life, while always delivering great end user experience. It will also require a strong systems background, a good sense for software architecture, and strong debug/triage skills.
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Mobile systems experience/understanding
- Experience working with many cross-functional teams
- Good understanding of one or more of Cellular modem or WiFi subsystem
- Good understanding of operating system concepts