Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? Envision what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. This position contributes to the development of advanced material- and electrode technologies for high energy density lithium-ion cell technology. You will be working closely with internal and external teams to conduct new materials design and development, technology evaluation and qualification, and benchmark studies of new battery material.
- Requires 5+ years of hands on experience in materials and cell technology R&D with emphasis on advanced battery materials. Direct experience in advanced anode materials and technologies is a strong plus.
- We are looking for some one with deep understanding of materials structure, synthesis, and characterization for lithium-ion cell applications
- Strong understanding of cell designs and electrochemistry of lithium-ion cells
- Strong Project Management Experience and Skills
- Experience with electrode fabrication, cell assembly, and electrical testing
- Experience with large scale material synthesis.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and ability to clearly explain technical decisions based on data and results
Identification of key performance metrics and technical evaluation of advanced active materials focusing on negative active materials Chemical and electrochemical optimization of active materials on material- and electrode level to improve and enhance energy density and life of lithium-ion cells Ideation and realization of technologies that enables active materials to work successfully in lithium-ion cell environment Conduct benchmarking study of various material chemistries and provide technical comparisons and critical assessment Identification of major materials failure mechanisms during electrochemical cycle of lithium-ion cells Work with external vendors and contractors to develop and qualify materials, battery cells, and advanced applicable technologies
Education & Experience
Ph.D. in Material Science, Chemistry, or relevant experience in lieu of