Embedded Firmware/Software Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. Apple is seeking an extraordinary Firmware/Software Program Manager to own and drive Embedded Firmware/Software into all iPhones, iPads, Macs. We are searching for this person to have a consistent track record of planning and executing complex programs. Understand the who, the what and the how of system development. He/She should be able to orchestrate a Firmware/Software development plan, schedule and successfully handle execution of that plan. He/She will also need to collaborate with their multi-functional teams, conduct, coordinate user studies and drive the analysis of resulting data.
- 3+years of Project or Program Management. 2+years of Software Product Development or Firmware/Embedded experience.
- You should understand and deal well with rapid development cycles; remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and leadership skills; ability to inspire team members.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities. Well-versed in Agile Project Management models.
- Technical knowledge of firmware and embedded systems, especially focused on consumer products. - Understanding of RTOS embedded system challenges. Support early definition and drive closure of architecture and technical opens. - Identify and highlight technical risk areas and mitigation strategies in partnership with Apple technologists. - Multi-functionally communicate the key developments and updates on projects. - Grasp complex technical topics and abstract key issues and risks into an actionable form. - Build schedules, identify critical paths, and maintain throughout execution.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or higher degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or related technical field. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here. Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here. Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more. Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more. Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.