Process Technologist - PMIC
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
As part of our Silicon Engineering group, you will take imaginative and revolutionary ideas and determine how to turn them into reality. You and your team will apply engineering fundamentals and start from scratch if needed, bringing visionary ideas to the real world. Join us, and you will help design products that bring to our customers experiences they’ve never before envisioned. You will be part of an exciting silicon design group that is responsible for designing state-of-the-art ASICs. We have an extraordinary opportunity for Process Technology Engineers. The hardware technology team is looking for a motivated engineer to fill a full-time position. In this highly visible role, you will collaborate with internal PMU design and foundries. This is a hands-on, dynamic role requiring travel to foundries and development sites.
- We are looking for applicants with at least 10 years of experience in semiconductor process technology and manufacturing, including:
- Direct experience in PMIC development programs.
- Experience with process qualification and yield enhancement.
- Deep knowledge of CMOS and BCDMOS particularly in the PMU field is critical.
- A comprehensive understanding of SOA and other LDMOS device characteristics and behavior.
- A view of the industry competitive landscape.
- Experience collaborating with design (power, analog & digital) in these technologies.
- Demonstrated prior experience and success solving highly complex technical problems under a very aggressive schedule is important.
- People management skills and managerial experience is highly desired.
- Good data analysis, problem solving, and very strong communication skills.
- Self-motivated and schedule oriented.
Imagine yourself at the center of our SOC design effort, collaborating with all disciplines, playing a strategic role of getting functional products to millions of customers quickly. The main responsibilities of this role are: - Lead technical process interface with foundries. - Work closely with foundries on supplier silicon process issues. - Coordinate Apple technology requirements and reliability needs with foundries. - Participate in technology development, device engineering for PMIC next generation process technologies. - Drive thorough investigation of root cause and solutions to process/yield issues and its impacts on product production, performance and reliability during product evaluation and initial ramp. - Manage and mitigate technology risks for multiple projects in parallel. - Engage parties in decision-making and drive to timely closure and thorough follow-through. - Build meaningful internal and external relationships across all levels (engineering to senior management) at suppliers and within Apple.
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE is required, PhD preferred.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.