Core Location Frameworks Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join our Sensing and Connectivity team and drive innovation that matters. We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the best user-experience. We're looking for people who are passionate about building technology that will make a difference. You will power the next generation of location-aware applications for users and developers. We design and develop the location services available on all of our platforms: iOS, macOS, tvOS and watchOS. We are looking for a highly motivated software engineer with technical fundamentals in Computer Science. We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company.
- 2+ years of professional experience in C or C++ or Objective-C
- Deep understanding of multi-threaded programming and synchronization
- You have experience crafting and then supporting API’s
- Broad experience in overall system design and implementation
- You have a desire to learn and then use that knowledge to mentor others
- Laser-focus on the smallest details that are substantial to our customers
- You will need to possess phenomenal attention to detail, have the ability to engage and motivate cross-functional partners, and have strong organizational and planning skills.
As a successful member of Apple’s Core Location Frameworks Team, you are expected to be a self-motivated, dedicated, and a solutions oriented individual. - You will help design and architect new location features - You will maintain and improve the CoreLocation framework in the public SDK - You will implement and optimize daemons backing our SDK frameworks - You will develop the software that powers our next generation hardware - You will drive correct usage of API internally and externally
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with iOS or MacOS is advantageous