Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s Infrastructure Monitoring and Analytics team is seeking a passionate software developer . The right person for the job will be enthusiastic and knowledgeable about monitoring, distributed systems, web services, big data, and/or machine learning. Their job will entail working with multiple internal stakeholders to define and execute on the project plans.
- 8+ years of experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Senior experience in at least one major language: Python, C, Java, Perl
- Demonstrated experience designing, building and maintaining large-scale, high-performance systems and frameworks
- Experience in monitoring and alerting solutions, correlation, escalation and debugging.
- Strong understanding of data modeling and storage with NoSQL and relational DBs
- Experience with analytics (e.g. Spark, MapReduce) is a plus
The ideal candidate is a brilliant problem solver, quick learner, self starter, and excellent communicator with a passion for shipping quality products. Rapid development with automation in mind, and the ability to deliver results in a fast paced environment is a must. From brainstorming through deployment, our Software Tools Developer will work cross functionally with members of Apples organization to deliver the necessary deliverables needed for Apple's success. The candidate has the ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex matters into clean, understandable solutions. He or she is an effective diplomat with strong communication and organizational skills who is willing to prove him/herself within a company of talented individuals.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- - Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- - Excellent collaborative skill
- - Attention to detail
- - Comfortable working in a loosely structured organization
- - Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules