AC-DC Adaptor Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
This is an excellent opportunity to be on the forefront of new power management designs and technologies for a company that consistently delivers cutting-edge innovation to industry.
- Candidate must have hands-on experience with power supply design and possess deep knowledge of offline conversion topologies including flyback, forward PFC, resonant converters and analog/digital controls loops
- Candidate must be intimately familiar with power supply safety and environmental certifications, offline controllers, components, magnetic design, power supply layout and state-of the art techniques for efficiency optimizations including no load/light load efficiency techniques
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to guide critical decisions
- Must possess good understanding of thermals, mechanical and packaging challenges. Must also possess knowledge of high volume manufacturing technologies and production variances
- Must be highly motivated, a self-starter with innovation, and have high integrity and the ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams is extremely important
- Ideal candidate has worked for a power supply module company, and has
- worked on high volume power adapter development programs
In this position, you will pride yourself in developing innovative designs that are used by millions of people around the Globe. This position primarily involves high-density offline power supply development for Apple’s next generation portable products.
Education & Experience
BSEE plus 5 years required
- Must be willing to travel overseas periodically as needed