Screener/Integration Engineer for macOS Installation
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The System Applications team is looking for a component integrator and bug screener to help deliver the latest versions of macOS and iOS to our customers.
- 1-3 years experience in software development
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational abilities
- Familiarity with operating systems architecture
- You will join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence.
- We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company
- Are you deeply accountable for your work? Your passion for product ownership and track record of product development will prove critical to your success on our team.
- You will prioritize tasks with rapid development cycles, remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty, and drive vendors to deliver excellent results for time-critical issues.
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving exceptional quality
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the developer community
The installation process is the first customer experience that goes along with the delivery of a new version of the operating system, and is a place where many components need to come together to achieve success. When the OS is in development, it is also the first thing to show problems when underlying components are unstable. Bug screening: We are looking for an individual to be at the front line of incoming issues, helping diagnose and prioritize them. You will write and maintain scripts for automatic triage of common issues. You will work with seeding and AppleCare to perform outreach on difficult to reproduce problems. You will work with Quality Assurance to narrow down and reproduce bugs. Integration: You will be working closely with engineering and quality assurance, integrating changes into the appropriate branches into source control, and handing off to QA for testing and submission. Test tools: Create and maintain test tools used within the team and by Apple software engineering at large.
Education & Experience
BS CS or equivalent knowledge