Software Engineering Program Manager (EPM) AR, Technology Development Group
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Technology Development Group is looking for Engineering Program Managers to help us build the next generation of Augmented Reality (AR) interactive solutions for Apple platforms. This team is working with some of Apple's most advanced technologies including AR, machine learning (ML) and computer vision (CV). As a member of our organization you will lead teams crafting future products that will delight, inspire and empower millions of people. We are looking for people with a passion and track record for shipping complex new technology. This is a hands-on Engineering Program Manager position working with the most creative people in the world. The EPM will lead teams in the entire product development lifecycle from concept to delivery. You should demonstrate high integrity, high energy and feel comfortable in a dynamic environment. As an experienced change leader navigating uncharted technology advancements you will need to build strong collaborative relationships and calmly manage any associated conflicts along the way. You will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery with laser focus on execution with a keen eye for important details. If you relish challenge and are excited by working with a great team on amazing new technology, then we want to hear from you - please apply!
- Passion for and proven ability to quickly understand technical concepts across the software stack from computer vision drivers, algorithms and ML, operating systems and applications.
- Ability to deliver succinct and accurate executive summaries of complicated situations, driving what matters most to customers
- Excellent collaboration skills to work with those across many leading-edge technology areas and cross-functional teams
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization
- Ability to visualize solutions in 3D and new interactive domains and simply communicate complex technical information to cross-functional teams
- Minimum of 5 years of program/project management experience shipping software, including tracking software delivery process using tracking tools and metrics
Apple builds world class products that positively impact the world. The ideal Software Program Manager for this role is comfortable leading in a dynamic high growth and creative environment with an amazing high caliber, high profile team pioneering in a rapidly evolving domain. As the Software EPM, you will drive all aspects of large, cross-functional programs and features for AR toolkits, rendering and interactive 3D application development: Oversee all aspects for multiple programs including scoping, requirements, timelines, and resource allocation Proactively look ahead and keep the path clear for your teams. Collaborate with teams, engineering leads and stakeholders to drive product, functional, and reporting requirements Drive overall cross-functional program schedules and SW development efforts across groups which could include Human Interface Design Teams, Product Marketing and other organizations both within and outside of Apple Communicate and present project/program plans and status to teams and executives Continuously look for opportunities and improve how programs are run and executed
Education & Experience
BS/MS, Computer Science / Engineering or relevant industry experience, MS desirable
- Prior experience in a hands on technical role Software Engineering & Programming
- Experience working in a cross-functional full stack role spanning but not restricted to Firmware, OS, Rendering, Applications or Toolkits
- Able to contribute on the other strategic areas including engaging with internal/external partners, coordinating due diligence, etc