Bluetooth FW/Systems Performance Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join our Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems team and drive innovation that matters! We create and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the absolute best user-experience. If you're passionate about technology, we may have the job for you.
- Minimum 3-5 years of wireless industrial experience in Connectivity Firmware/ Stack development/ Systems Design.
- 3+ years of development or systems simulation experience of protocols in one or several of the following areas: Bluetooth PHY/MAC/Host, BLE, BLE mesh
- Development or simulation experience in C/C++, Matlab, Python, shell etc.
- 3+ years of working experience in analyzing and debugging complex problems in various Bluetooth user scenarios, across the Bluetooth stack & firmware, at a chipset or product level
- Proven ability to use a combination of debugging tools/ protocol analyzers, OTA sniffers & Wireshark
- Prior experience in working on early SW prototyping/proof of concept ideas would be an added plus.
- Understanding of real-time audio concepts (sample rates, buffering, codec rates/types, PCM, drivers) is a plus
- Ability to design and integrate code into a shipping product
- Familiarity with compilers, build and source code control tools is a plus
- Demonstrate critical thinking capabilities and obsessively passionate & inquisitive, seek to tackle everyday problems in innovative ways
We are seeking a wireless systems engineer or mid-level architect, who will play a critical role in the connectivity firmware performance efforts within a wireless software group responsible for crafting and productizing state-of-the-art connectivity wireless products for Apple. Responsibilities: Define, design, optimize Bluetooth PHY/MAC algorithms while prototyping & debugging existing firmware architecture to enhance system performance & thereby user-experience for state of the art mobile wireless products. You will be working with closely with multi-functional teams to identify optimal design choice to implement based on a data-driven approach. As a part of this process, you will be responsible for devising performance evaluation methodologies on prototypes to guide the final design. You will also be responsible for defining the critical metric targets and lead multi-functional efforts to ensure the targets are being met until commercialization. Are you deeply accountable for your work? Your real passion for product ownership and track record of product development will prove critical to your success on our team.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in Electrical or Computer Science or Computer Engineering BS with 7+ years of work experience
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision