Product Manager, Shopping Experiences
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Apple Online Store is seeking a highly organized, results oriented Product Manager to join a user-experience driven E-commerce product team focused on delivering the best possible shopping experiences digitally for our customers, in a rapidly-changing market and across a variety of interactive platforms.
- 5+ years Product Management leading consumer products experiences, demonstrating growing levels of responsibilities.
- Well-versed in the history and evolution of digital shopping experiences, understand modern standard methodologies, and has the foresight to identify emerging trends.
- Passionate about user experience; able to inspire and educate designers and engineers with thought-provoking objectives and customer-centric use cases.
- Have a proven ability to build rapport, credibility and influence others to get results across a large matrixed organization.
- Technical mindset with ability to work closely with engineering partners to solve for system interdependencies, devise implementation strategies and refine scope based on concrete considerations.
- Past examples of using customer insights and data analytics to drive roadmap and to improve features and user experiences.
- Possess strong decision-making and prioritization skills; have experience overseeing and managing complex production schedules.
- Be able to work independently; anticipating and resolving problems.
- Have insights into modern interactive design and development standards such as responsive and adaptive techniques; recognize and appreciate the differences between web-based and native app experiences.
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills, with experience managing and motivating teams/individuals.
- Consumer product experience with a history of handling projects that facilitate or improve customer shopping experiences.
- Strong background in the mobile industry, with experience shipping mobile products, iOS apps, and or mobile optimized websites.
- Start-up experience is ideal but not essential.
- Build and handle the product roadmap for the subject portfolio; collaborating with partners throughout the broader organization. - Negotiate and set achievements and expectations with other departments. Evangelizes each release to other departments and partners. - Help own the crafting and development process between various internal and external teams. - Lead and update the production schedule; ensuring each release is timely and solves requirements. - Represents business goals and feature solutions during product reviews with cross-functional teams and resolves and follows through meaningful action items for the working team to address. - Optimize user experience through intuition, analysis of quantitative test data and qualitative research/customer interviews. - Monitor the health of projects at all times along with the associated risks and implications to timelines; lead the resolution of cross-functional issues.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science or Graduate Degree