Environmental, Health, and Safety Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The EHS team at Apple is growing and we need energetic, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our partners in their mission to develop amazing products. We have a new opportunity for an Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Specialist. Our primary responsibility as a team is to protect the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate. The EHS Specialist role will be aimed to ensure appropriate exposure control for employees working in and around sources of non-ionizing radiation (NIR). In addition to supporting from a direct NIR safety perspective, the role also offers the opportunity to assist in the management of multiple EHS programs, including training, data collection/analysis, and audits. This role requires the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and work closely with cross-functional teams.
- Assist in data collection of chemical inventories, training records, audits, access requests, and training management
- Self-motivated and dedicated, with multi-tasking and creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Outstanding communication, report writing, and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization
- Assist in maintaining non-ionizing radiation safety compliance by conducting audits and retaining machine inventory
- Working knowledge of business processes and related reporting & analysis activities
- 3+ years technical expertise regarding NIR, general EHS, data models, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Analytical skills and experience collecting, organizing, analyzing, and disseminating significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Detailed self-started who can work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Advanced skills in MS-Excel, Keynote, Pages, and Numbers
- Apple Environment, Health, and Safety is interested in someone who is as passionate about the health and safety of others as we are. In this role, you will assist EHS managers/leads in data collection of chemical inventories, training records, audits, access requests, and training management, per business requirements that drive our business. Principal Duties and Responsibilities: - Assist in maintaining non-ionizing radiation safety compliance by conducting audits and retaining machine inventory - Partner closely with management to help define business requirements and identify data reporting needs - Work on multiple projects with phenomenal attention to details & deadlines, and high awareness of business priorities.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree - EHS, Engineering, or Science field At least 3-5 years work experience in EHS or related field