Packaging Graphics Producer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. The Packaging Graphics Producer manages packaging, labeling, and print documentation for Apple products worldwide to ensure that high-quality printing and finishing is developed, produced, and shipped on time. In this role, you will ensure the execution of final design for assigned projects in a large-scale manufacturing environment that reflects Apple standards for simplicity and elegance.
- You have four to seven years of relevant experience in consumer electronics or consumer goods packaging as well as a background in print labeling.
- You have expertise in program and project management.
- You are knowledgeable about prepress, printing processes, and on-press trouble-shooting.
- You have an extraordinary eye for color accuracy and quality.
- You have working experience with materials, papers, inks, adhesives, and print decoration and finishing techniques.
- You have a positive attitude, and you lead by example to support collaboration.
- You have the strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills to work with cross-functional teams and a worldwide supply base.
- You are a creative problem solver who is adaptable, flexible, resourceful; you guide the product specification, considering product definition, time and budget constraints.
- You have subject matter expertise in print techniques and manufacturing processes.
- You develop positive relationships with our cross-functional team members.
- You love Apple and care deeply about packaging.
- You have appreciation for quality, can communicate clearly and have a deep understanding of the process—both engineering and design.
- You are proficient in Mac applications; database management systems; Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop,
- InDesign, and Acrobat; and the Microsoft Office suite.
- You are available for both domestic and international travel at least 20 percent of time; travel may raise to 50% during peak business periods.
- Guide proposals during the creative and development phases of projects while understanding capabilities within our supply base. - Maintain expertise in product category, staying on top of packaging innovation as it relates to materials and treatments, both on press and finishing. - Work with suppliers to develop packaging and labeling concepts, validate manufacturability, and obtain samples for approval. - Handle multiple projects at the same time. Flag issues that may affect internal or external workflow. - Track all deliverables by developing timelines and schedules, craft them with engineering schedules, and build custom solutions for projects. - Establish print specifications in collaboration with Design and Print Production Management, including paper choice, inks, printing processes, foils, varnishes and coatings, lamination, emboss and deboss tools, and more. - Together with the Program Manager, ensure print specifications, color drawdowns and press sheets are accurate, on time, and meet print standards. - Handle the localization process, including copy approval, translation request, file assessment, file handoff, and localized reviews. - Initiate and provide oversight for deliverable part numbers and understand their place on the bill of materials. - Brief the Packaging Print Specialists on inks, foils, or coatings that need to be developed with our raw materials suppliers. - Provide professional color judgement to match design goals across multiple sites and suppliers, including sign off on color standards. - Participate in internal meetings, status and design reviews, and cross-functional team meetings.
Education & Experience
A Bachelors of Science or Arts focusing on Print Technologies/Packaging or Graphics Communication is preferred.