Software Development Engineer - Software Delivery
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
The development team within Apple’s Software Delivery organization is looking to hire an engineer to work on services and solve distributed computing problems to support the development of Apple’s operating systems. In this position you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting services used by 5000 engineers as part of their daily development process. It presents a one-of-kind opportunity to have a profound impact on the efficiency with which the world's most advanced operating systems are developed.
- Experience delivering and supporting highly scalable and available web services in Unix environments.
- Experience designing and implementing web services with REST APIs
- Strong Ruby or Python coding skills.
- Passion for continually learning and exploring new technologies.
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- The ability to multitask and deliver outstanding work on tight schedules.
- Excellent collaborative skills, with strong written and verbal communication.
This job will provide you with: - A team of highly skilled co-workers ready to both mentor and learn from you. - A flexible working environment. - Unique distributed computing problems with an open mind on how they can be solved. - The opportunity to collaborate with talented engineering teams across a wide range of technology disciplines. - The possibility of supporting the development of new Apple hardware and software features.
Education & Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or related work experience
- These are not hard requirements for this position but we like interviewing candidates who have an interest in learning about or existing experience with:
- - Distributed computing technologies such as Mesos.
- - Messages buses such Kafka or Rabbit MQ.
- - BLOB storage technologies.
- - Puppet or other configuration management tools.
- - Splunk/Grafana/Graphite or other monitoring tools.