Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apps are changing the world, enriching people’s lives, and enabling developers to innovate like never before. As a result, the App Store has grown into an exciting and vibrant ecosystem for millions of developers and more than a billion users. Exciting, right? If you wish to contribute to the world's greatest app store, read on to learn how you can help us deliver. The Worldwide Developer Relations team is looking for a Forecasting Analyst, who like us, is passionate about developers, the App Store and the user experience. Are you passionate about statistics? Join us and put your passion and skills to the test. We're seeking a hardworking forecasting analyst who will play a key part in the App Review process including forecasting submission trends, and defining work force needs to help exceed our developer’s expectations. This includes everything from defining requirements, query creation, forecasting, and scheduling shifts. This role requires the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and work closely with multi-functional teams.
- Minimum 5 years of forecasting experience with a solid background in analytics
- Cutting edge analytical skills and experience collecting, organizing, analyzing, and disseminating significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Working knowledge of business processes and related reporting & analysis activities
- Experience in building and using complex forecasting models
- Ability to clearly communicate and present forecasting assumptions and methodology
- We benefit from your experience with scheduling and defining work force requirements to meet the forecasting assumptions
- You are able to drive efficiency and scalability through the utilization of your forecasting model
- We benefit form your proficiency with tableau, and forecasting with R
- You demonstrate technical expertise regarding data models, data mining and segmentation techniques
- You have experience with relational databases
- You are proficient at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Your knowledge of SQL and experience with data warehouse is a plus
- You have deep knowledge with modern analytics, reporting and business intelligence tools
- You are a self starter, demonstrating ability to evaluate workflows using internal & external tools
Apple Worldwide Developer Relations is interested in someone who is as passionate about data as we are. In this role you will build and maintain complex forecasting models that help us exceed the expectations of our developers and customers. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: - Develop and maintains a weekly demand forecast by platform and country - Analyze weekly results in order to actively recommend scheduling needs and quarterly/yearly forecast - Collaborate on yearly hiring needs - Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets - You will work on multiple projects with extraordinary attention to details & deadlines, and high awareness of business priorities
Education & Experience
BS, or BA in Economics, Finance, Business or equivalent. MBA or other relevant advanced business degree strongly preferred.
- For this position, Apple will not sponsor applicants for work visas or relocation.