Global Apple Books Business Strategist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Reporting to the Global Director of Apple Books, the Global Apple Books Business Strategist will set, track, and optimize the strategy for the global books business. In this role you will partner with global business managers, data analytics, marketing, product, client engineering, design, operations, pricing, and other internal Apple teams to establish strategic direction and build the plan to achieve business goals. As a heavily data-driven role, you will work closely with the books analytics team to understand key business drivers and measure impact of planned initiatives. You will work with the finance team to plan, forecast, and assess the impact of these initiatives on business sales and revenue. Finally, this role will digest and package all of this information to regularly advise the global Apple Books executive team on the strategic direction of the business, optimize current initiatives, and inform the next planning cycle.
- Extensive books business and industry knowledge
- Ability to work with data at both a detailed and a strategic level
- Ability to work cross-functionally in an influencer role
- You should be able to handle multiple projects and thrive in a very dynamic environment.
- You are a strong presenter with the ability to deliver impactful presentations at all levels of the organization.
- You have excellent communication skills. Including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely across multiple audiences and partners, including the ability to explain analytical outcomes and technical roadblocks in business terms.
- You are skilled at developing and exercising cross-functional influence; translating between business owners and technical teams.
- You will collaborate with the global books executive team to develop, size, and measure the strategy for the worldwide books business. - In partnership with global books business managers, marketing, product, client engineering, design, operations, pricing, and other internal Apple teams, you will develop, model, measure, and optimize books initiatives. - Alongside the books analytics team, you will design, coordinate, and prioritize analytics projects to understand key business drivers. - You will partner with the finance team to plan, forecast, and assess business sales and margin performance. - With external partners you will gather and assess broader books market data.
Education & Experience
BA or BS in business, business management, finance, computer science, or engineering preferred