ESD Development Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In this role, you will be part of the team that derives the custom design rules for achieving ESD and latch-up targets of ICs developed by Apple. You will design and characterize test chips, analyze the resulting data, correlate them to critical ESD design parameters, as well as contribute to ESD and latch-up rule generations. This role involves working closely with internal teams within Apple as well as external vendors. At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for a forward-thinking and especially talented ESD Designer! As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day!
- The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Solid understanding of ESD circuit design techniques and topologies and device.
- A great foundation in physics with extensive hands on experience with ESD testing and characterization equipment, such as TLP, vfTLP, HBM, CDM testers.
- Experience with Si processes for high voltage, RF, and advanced ASICs.
- Familiar with using simulation tools, such as SPICE, Spectra, etc.
- Experience with design/layout EDA tools, including Virtuoso, Calibre, Allegro, etc. Scripting skills to automate data analysis using JMP, EXCEL, etc.
- Strong initiative and ownership of responsibilities, productive, able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
AS A TEAM, WE WORK ON THE FOLLOWING: Design ESD and latch-up test structures to characterize Si for ESD/LUP properties Tape out ESD and latch-up test chips by working with internal and external teams Generate characterization plans for test chips and perform related measurements Perform data analysis and contribute to rule generations to support internal teams Construct compact models to enable ESD simulation Maintain and QA existing ESD LIB and responsible for ESD LIB release Assist with ESD and latch-up related debugs
Education & Experience
BSEE/MSEE required Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.