Product Safety Engineer - Laser
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. This position is offered in Apple's Product Safety Engineering department within Apple's Product Integrity organization. Our mission is to ensure that Apple products are safe for our customers to use throughout the world and also comply with worldwide safety requirements. The Product Safety Group seeks an energetic, poised, data driven and detail oriented engineer with a background in optics and electro-optics to support safety engineering design and testing of innovative consumer products.
- Five years of product engineering experience in consumer, medical, military, space, or reliability engineering experience with a deep knowledge of optics and electro-optics.
- Driving product design for safety and compliance to IEC/EN/UL/CSA 60950, 62368, 60825, and 62471.
- Understanding applicable test equipment, test procedures, and agency requirements from above Safety Standards.
- Data analysis, modeling, and automation software. Such as Matlab, Comsol, Zemax, LabVIEW, Python.
- Extensive lab and engineering experience. Knows how to build, debug, and analyze systems.
- Design experience of optical systems.
- Design experience of electrical systems (desirable).
- Conducting FMEA and Fault Tree Analysis (desirable).
- Conducting detailed failure analysis and developing lessons learned.
- Managing relationships with vendors and contractors to develop and qualify product designs.
- Conducting component level safety analysis of optical and electrical modules.
- Technical writing and data analytics.
- Someone who will be both confident to work independently and be a good team member
- The Product Safety Group seeks a qualified engineer who will: - Develop a deep understanding of Apple products and work with cross- functional teams to identify and address safety requirements and resolve design challenges of new technologies. - Own and drive the safety aspects of Apple products. - Conduct Safety compliance testing, report writing, and obtain certifications - Using scientific methods, conduct design of experiments and failure analysis. - Develop an understanding of manufacturing processes to identify and - address potential manufacturing defects that can lead to safety issues. - Work with suppliers to ensure that product safety is addressed and - maintained during production.
Education & Experience
- MS or PhD in Physics, Optical Physics, Electro-optics, or related field.