Sr. Leader of Strategy & Planning for AMP Payments, Commerce & Analytics
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we craft products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job. In this role, you will be responsible for strategy development, management and coordination of large initiatives or investigations for Apple Pay. You will lead organizational planning across the payments, commerce, and analytics teams for Apple Media Products (App Store, Apple Music, iTunes Store and other related Apple services) and Apple Pay, as well as payments and commerce market analysis and partnership assessments. You will engage and partner with existing leaders across the team, and Apple more broadly. This highly impactful role includes frequent interaction with key internal and external partners. Internally, this role will work directly with leaders and teams across AMP, Apple Pay and other teams throughout Apple, including business management, business development, operations, engineering, developer and other partner relations, and other teams.
- Minimum experience of 5-10 years in digital payments, mobile commerce, merchant acquiring or related industries, including 3+ years of experience in management consulting and/or similar strategy functions in a global organization.
- Deep understanding of the challenges of global e-commerce and the various components that are required for a merchant to be successful across regions.
- Deep experience in merchant payments and commerce - capabilities, requirements and business models - with a knowledge of international market dynamics.
- Experience working with systems integrators to scope and manage partner projects.
- Passionate about digital payments and commerce experiences.
- Ability to organize and lead large cross-functional teams.
- Excellent analytical skills and drive toward solutions; ability to structure, direct, consume, and effectively communicate sophisticated modeling and data analysis.
- Strong presentation skills, both written and verbal, with senior executives, including via formal presentations.
- Deep understanding of Apple Pay and Apple’s other products, services and ecosystem, including particularly Apple’s App Store and media services.
Your primary focus will be in providing strategic leadership for the Apple Payments and Commerce platform that supports Apple’s service offerings worldwide. This will include your evaluation of long-term opportunities for Apple, current platform capabilities and other growth opportunities to ensure Apple maintains leading payment and commerce infrastructure. In addition, you will drive cross-functional projects that evolve our platform capabilities, break through operating constraints, and evaluate our organizational models to support a dynamically evolving services ecosystem. You will find opportunities, competitive and commerce trends, and needed changes for our platform, as well as drive solutions development. You will lead organizational and operational planning, prioritization, and resource allocation across the AMP payments, commerce, and analytics organization, including annual operating plans, budget resourcing, and performance forecasts.
Education & Experience
B.A. /B.S. Required, MBA preferred