Siri - Lead Frontend Eng
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Would you like to play a part in groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, natural language, big data, and artificial intelligence? The Siri Platform Tools team is building the services and systems that will help improve Siri—the assistant used by millions of people daily to get things done—and dramatically extend its capabilities and reach.
- 8+ years of software development experience.
- Proven ability to lead technical projects and mentor engineers.
- Experience building, maintaining, and improving complex single page web applications at scale.
- Essential knowledge of web application security best practices.
- Experience designing, developing and maintaining APIs.
- Knowledgeable and disciplined practitioner of engineering best practices, such as testing, version control, and continuous integration.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, excellent problem solving ability and critical thinking.
We are seeking a bright and high-energy Engineer to lead development of web applications for the Siri Conversational Tools Team. The team sits at the intersection of many initiatives within Siri, and you will be working closely with multi-functional teams across disciplines. This position involves a combination of web development and UI engineering. Machine learning knowledge or interest is a plus, as our systems interact closely with the intelligence that power Siri. We need an extraordinary teammate and leader — you will collaborate with engineers in several technical areas who have built the entire range of Siri's capabilities. - You will participate and lead engineering design discussions and may be responsible for architecting or contributing to the design of new products and systems or the overhaul of existing ones. - You will need to be comfortable working both collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities. We are passionate about user experience and crafting premier products. That obsession extends to the tooling that this team is responsible for, and you will be able and expected to ensure that our products serve their customers in the best possible manner. This means building highly available, highly reliable systems that facilitate a simple, efficient workflow for improving and extending Siri.
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.