Siri - watchOS Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Come join the Siri watchOS team based in Apple Park to work as part of a dedicated team that cares deeply about creating new, engaging, and responsive user experiences on Apple’s fastest growing platform. Our team is responsible for the complete user experience for Siri on Apple Watch, working across the entire software stack at Apple. We work hard to make technology intuitive, approachable, and natural for all of our users. Join us in creating groundbreaking user interactions that build on the latest Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning techniques, such as Raise to Speak, a new and natural way to interact with Siri. We are looking for engineers who are as excited as we are about changing the future of how people interact with powerful technology.
- Exceptional development experience at the application level with Objective-C or Swift
- Knowledge of fundamental Apple’s development APIs such as UIKit, Grand Central Dispatch, Foundation, XCTest, etc.
- Excellent communication skills in a collaborative team environment
- Knowledge of modern object-oriented architecture and design
- You will primarily be responsible for implementing features and improving the quality of the Siri user experience on Apple Watch. These are often a broad-ranging tasks; we integrate every part of the operating system into the Siri experience, including built-in apps as well as core parts of the system experience. To succeed in this role, you must be a strong programmer and a creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment, working with teams across all of Apple. - You love building a polished interface for a distributed system at massive scale, pursuing impossible problems, and you have a passion for putting the user experience first. - You enjoy learning new technologies, working with machine learning teams, and creating novel experiences as part of building life-changing capabilities for people around the world. - You possess strong skills in object-oriented software design and development. - Performance analysis and tuning will also be a significant responsibility in your job. - You are excited about working closely with Apple’s design team to develop new user experiences, refining existing capabilities, and creating new watchOS platform features. - You'll ship code that runs on the devices you use every day and powers products that are important to the lives of millions of users around the world.
Education & Experience
B.S or M.S in Computer Science, or equivalent experience Experience in developing iOS applications preferred