Spatial Audio API Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Interactive Media Group (IMG) is at the center of Apple’s innovative products, including the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, macOS, iOS, watchOS and tvOS. IMG’s Core Audio team provides audio foundation for various high profile features like Siri, phone calls, Face Time, media capture, playback, and API’s for third party developers to enrich our platforms. The team is looking for talented engineers who are passionate about building audio software products for millions of customers and care about overall user experience. You will be pushing the boundaries of spatial audio experience for future technologies.
- Fluency in Objective C, Swift or C++
- Technical understanding of audio technologies, game audio engines and middle
- Experience working with iOS or macOS development is desirable
- Key Advantage : Experience with UnReal/Unity or middleware audio pipelines
- Advantage : Experience with iOS, macOS audio APIs.
The role involves developing testing tools, test levels and infrastructure to validate functionality and stability of spatial audio APIs across all Apple platforms. The role also provides opportunities to steer API design for better developer experience.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent industry experience)