Sr. Project Manager, Books Business
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Applications team is looking for a dynamic, digital media project manager to provide specialized support to the Apple Books Business team and their external partners. You will play a key role in driving the Apple Books business initiatives to successful completion! We are looking for a highly organized, results-oriented individual with extensive experience in operational/project management.
- Minimum 5 years project/program management experience
- Focus on data solutions and analysis is a plus
- You have outstanding organizational and presentation skills
- You are an expert at driving cross-functional partnerships with internal teams and building relationships with external partners
- You have a solid track record of leading multiple complex, cross-functional projects, especially requiring statistical analysis
- You are able to solve problems and see opportunities through the use of analytics
- You demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership to drive issues to completion
- You understand technical issues at a sufficiently deep level to identify gaps
- You are familiar with metrics, operations, and the complete software product lifecycle
- You should be able to anticipate and resolve problems while keeping focused on overall business and project priorities
- Book publishing industry experience is also a plus
You will be working closely with the Apple Books Business team and you are the liaison between product, technology, and publishers. You will represent the Business team’s strategic priorities and negotiate with partners across the organization to align schedules and resources. You will coordinate with cross-functional teams to plan roadmaps and drive teams to meet commitments based on those plans. This will require you to communicate weekly updates and completion of deliverables to the overall group. The project manager will foresee and enthusiastically manage risks and dependencies for Apple Books business initiatives, and work to ensure that roadblocks are removed and all open issues are resolved. You will establish and implement effective processes for Apple Books business planning and project execution, as well as improve processes and communications in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment. You will stay detailed down to the granular level, while maintaining a high level perspective of the project at hand. As a member of our dynamic group, you’ll have the rare and rewarding chance to create upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day.
Education & Experience
Requires a Bachelors Degree in marketing, analytics, business, or other related field, with 8+ years Project Management experience, demonstrating increasing levels of project management responsibilities. Experience working with publishers and/or business development is a huge plus.