Research Scientist / Senior Research Scientist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a hardworking, dedicated, and results-oriented robotics research scientist to develop advanced planning algorithms for complex autonomous systems. In this position, you will have the opportunity to work with a cross-functional team on an innovative multi-platform hardware/software product.
- Strong background in robotic task and motion planning / high level decision-making
- Decision-making under uncertainty (MDPs, POMDPs, etc.)
- Graph search methods (Dijkstra’s, A*, etc.)
- Solid and fluent understanding of algorithm and data structures
- Proven creative, critical and independent thinking capabilities and troubleshooting skills
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Experience with C++ and Python
The successful candidate will drive the development of sophisticated planning algorithms for autonomous systems, lead the integration and test of software releases on a robotics system. The candidate will also review field data, triage issues, and identify bug fixes and improvements to the current system.
Education & Experience
PhD in robotics, computer science, aerospace engineering or related fields Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.