Sensor ASIC Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Design, develop, and launch next-generation Sensor Technologies in Apple products. The Health Sensing Hardware team develops Sensor solutions and technologies for Apple’s products. Bring devices to life and enable them to interact with users and the environment in ways never imagined before. New challenges arise every day that require sharp problem-solving skills of talented and smart individuals. Join us in a collaborative and hands-on environment that cultivates engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. We are looking for Sensor ASIC Architects to help develop ASICS for new Sensors and Sensing Systems for future Apple products. We have openings for Analog as well as Digital ASIC Architects.
- - You have a strong electrical engineering background and hands-on experience in electrical design, both with IC and board-level circuits.
- - You have a record of successful ASIC architecture - beyond block-level design of specific on-chip functions
- - Fundamental understanding of limitations and trade-offs of electrical circuits and semiconductor processes.
- - You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as solid collaboration and leadership skills.
- - You're proficient in MATLAB, SPICE, or similar simulation and modeling tools
- - Experience in opto-electronics, optics and digital signal processing are a plus
- Conduct sensing system feasibility studies and system modeling Architect and define electrical interface for sensing systems Schematic design, simulation, and prototyping of printed circuit boards and sensor flex assemblies. - Define ASIC requirements and verification plans, review ASIC design and development process Support development of test plan, system bring-up, characterization, and validation. - Coordinate and communicate cross-functional activities to ensure hardware is properly interfaced with firmware and other system modules Prepare and deliver executive presentations to clearly communicate technical status, risks, and mitigation strategies. CROSS-FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: - - Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Mechanical Engineering, Firmware Engineering, and Process Engineering, to deliver state-of-the-art sensing solutions - Ability to present to Executive Management on key developments / issues - Contribute technical assessments to strategic decision-making relating to technology and investments
Education & Experience
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or Physics plus a minimum of 3 years experience M.S. in Electrical Engineering plus a minimum of 5 years experience Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.