Giving Project Manager - Environment, Policy, and Social Initiatives
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
As the Giving Project Manager within the Environment, Policy, and Social Initiatives organization, you will work with a globally dispersed cross-functional team to lead a variety of projects and programs. This position ensures a smooth workflow, creates reports, organizes, maintains and updates data, actively manages schedules and routinely communicates with a wide array of individuals while supporting the work of our mission and vision. Leadership ability, strong organizational skills, ability to maintain confidentiality, forward-thinking business insight and strong written and spoken skills are essential to the success of this role.
- 5+ years of experience in high-tech project management
- 3 years or more of professional experience with a breadth of knowledge and experience in corporate philanthropy, with global NGOs and non-profit fields
- A strong understanding and knowledge of corporate philanthropy social impact, NGO partnerships, and grant writing
- Proven track record of leading strategic projects combined with the ability to execute tactical project-level activities and tasks
- Demonstrated experience as the central contract point, managing multiple, simultaneous hardware and services oriented projects
- Ability to plan, communicate, manage, and organize multiple projects with competing priorities and different timescales
- Solid experience in managing resources, preparing appropriate documentation, and delegating tasks to project team members
- Ability to anticipate risks and issues before they intensify and actively drive toward a solution
- Strong organizational and documentation skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and self managing
- Flexible, resourceful, and detail-oriented
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to bring structure and clarity where none exists
- Demonstrated ability to think ahead and take action to ensure success
- Willingness to adapt to rapidly changing environment and new challenges
- Has a track record of continuous improvement and enjoys developing new skills and learning new technologies
- Large to medium scale event management and coordination skills are a plus
- Create and implement concepts and/or approaches to align project initiatives with strategic objectives - Ensure programmatic commitments, procedures, financial standards, and legal requirements are met and managed for compliance - Drive projects to meet Apple’s goals and objectives for long term success and sustainability - Read, analyze, and interpret data in order to creatively assemble concise reports for key partners on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis - Understand future strategies and directions to anticipate needs - Able to identify improvement and growth opportunities - Build and provide internal functional matter expertise in order to drive standard methodologies and innovation - Create, propose and implement new strategic tools, processes, and solutions that may be implemented WW - Drive improvements within the organization by identifying resources, influencing key partners, and defining roadmaps - Collaborate with team members to develop or update processes and improve business practices - Influence decisions and change through collaboration, leadership and a focused approach - Create and maintain key project governance to ensure the proper amount of structure is applied to enable project success - Provide timely updates and elevate critical risks to project management office and senior-executive teams - Manage change and implement new ideas effectively within the Apple culture - Conduct post-project reviews and provide analytical results to management
Education & Experience
- 5-7 years of direct experience as a project or program manager leading medium to large scale projects - College Degree preferred - Familiarity with Mac OS X and iOS
- - Exceptional project management skills with strong attention to detail, and a proven ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization.
- - Strong proficiency in keynote and presenting to key partners and senior-executives.
- - Self-motivated, driven individual who is comfortable working in a global, matrixed, fast-paced environment.
- - Knowledge of industry standard methodologies, partners, and technologies.