SAP Manager – Service Management Solutions
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, not only our products enrich our customers lives, we are also passionate about developing applications which enrich service experience for our customers. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are a norm at Apple. Just as with our products, the same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Want to be challenged to think creatively? Ready to be part of a team that makes a difference? Apple’s IS&T manages key business and technical infrastructure at Apple -- how online orders are placed, customer experience with technology in our retail stores, reseller sales and services, network capacity needs around the world and much more. Apple's SAP Global Systems organization within IS&T has an opening for a SAP Manager to drive initiatives, supporting customer Service Management business areas.
- 12-15 years of SAP experience in the service management domain (service notifications, service contracts, quotes, order generation and processing, pricing, contract management).
- 5+ years of experience in leading SAP functional teams of 5 or more
- Participated or led planning and implementation of company’s transition from ECC to S4 HANA especially in service management domain
- Validated ability to encourage, train and mentor team members in more than one SAP functional area
- Experience and understanding of hi-tech industry SM business processes areas such as warranty claims management, service repair models and service contract management along with cross module integration such as sales(SD), logistics(LE) and finance(FI)
- Exposure to SAP solution design and good understanding of industry trends and technologies such as Business Rules framework, Enterprise Portal, iOS, UI5, Fiori, Webdynpro
- Familiarity with optimization/solver algorithms and machine learning topics is a plus
- Experience with B2B systems integration with business partners outside of Apple such as 3rd party logistics partners, repair depots, authorized service providers and insurance partners.
- Strong analytical, technical and problem solving skills with ability to collaborate with SAP functional, technical and global design teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to provide clear and concise communication to technical and non-technical multi-functional teams
- Experience working in a complex landscape of SAP and non-SAP solutions such as enterprise portal, event management, e-commerce portals using technologies such as SoA, RFCs, PI, Webservices and EAI is preferred
- Self starter with a good work ethic and leadership skills who will be a role model to others on the team
- Foster creative thinking, problem solving skills and collaboration with multi-functional teams in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work effectively in ambiguity across business and IT teams.
- Able to run multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously
- Able to get into details of technical solutions and business requirements as required
The SAP Global Systems team within IS&T runs the Operations and financial transactional platform that powers all of Apple functions such as Sales, Manufacturing, Distribution, Service and Financials. You should have in-depth knowledge of the latest SAP landscape, Customer Service module and its integration with other modules with end to end service flows. Ideally you should have gained hands-on experience during prior project implementations. You should be familiar with SAP S4 HANA and related new generation technologies. As SAP Service solutions manager, you’ll be working closely with our business and functional teams to provide systems solutions and craft program roadmaps while leading a group of motivated individuals. This is a management position that will support several business critical projects. While developing your team and leading their deliverables, you will have some similar projects of your own. You will be encouraged to effectively influence the team and consistently balance your and your team’s work for the best results. This role is an opportunity to do more than you ever thought possible, while making impact on globally recognized products and brand.
Education & Experience
Masters/Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent. Masters in Business Administration (MBA) or Masters in Operations in Engineering is a plus