Senior Software Engineer, Apple Media Products, Analytics
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The iTunes Store is looking for a top-notch engineer to help develop an analytics platform that will generate insights into customer experiences on products such as the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBookstore. Our stores reach hundreds of millions of customers around the world, and have revolutionized how people interact with their music, movies, TV shows, apps, books, and podcasts.
- 5+ years of full stack development experience
- High scale server-side development experience preferred
- Competency in Java and other JVM languages like Scala or/and C#, Clojure, or similar object-oriented language
- Strong object-oriented design skills, coupled with a deep knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Deep understanding, and strong hands on experience - Multithreading, Networking (including non-blocking IO), etc
- Confidence with SQL databases like Oracle and NoSQL databases like Cassandra
- Experience driving product features, functional specifications, and development schedules, represent team and technology
- Passion and prior experience designing and implementing outstanding large distributed systems
- Be an advocate and driver for performance optimization, automation, and unit tests
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Excellent debugging, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Tireless attention to detail
- Solid documentation and technical writing skills
The iTunes Store Analytics team is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and reporting on customer experience data. From this data we generate insights into how customers interact with our products, and use these insights to drive improvements to user-facing features. You will be working on a small team valuing cooperation, brainstorming, with an emphasis on design. You will be responsible for developing systems, tools, and visualizations to make sense of the data. We are looking for a sharp engineer who also has a keen sense of how to build good products. You are also a team player -- ready to engage in lively design discussions, and able to give and receive constructive code reviews. Your curiosity drives you to explore new technologies and apply creative solutions to problems. The ideal candidate pays close attention to details, but also keeps sight of the bigger picture.
Education & Experience
• BS degree in Computer Science or a related field
- • Proficiency with source control systems (SVN, Git) and build tools such as Gradle, Maven, etc.
- • Experience with the Big-Data ecosystem (Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.)
- • Built and deployed large scale data pipelines (e.g. Kafka, Spark, Storm)
- • Understands different data storage solutions and when to use them (e.g. RDBMS, Cassandra, Solr, Redis)