Metrics UI Frameworks Engineer, Analytics, Apple Media Products
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is looking for a top-notch engineer to help develop frameworks and tools to collect user experience metrics from client applications. This data will be used to generate insights into customer experiences on products such as App Store, Apple Music, the iTunes Store, and iBooks Store. Our stores reach hundreds of millions of customers around the world, and have revolutionized how people interact with their music, movies, TV shows, apps, books, and podcasts.
- Experience working with dependency management tools: npm, Bower.
- Experience with toolkit/library/framework development.
- Strong object-oriented design skills, coupled with a deep knowledge of data structures algorithms.
- Able to gather cross-functional requirements and translate them into practical engineering tasks.
- Back-end development experience: Java, Node.js.
- Takes initiative to solve problems and improve product.
- Tireless attention to detail.
Apple Media Products Analytics team is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and reporting on customer experience data. From this data we generate insights into how customers interact with our products, and use these insights to drive improvements to user-facing features. You will be working on a small team valuing cooperation and brainstorming, with an emphasis on design. You will be responsible for developing frameworks and tools that other teams will leverage to instrument customer-facing products with metrics. We are looking for a sharp engineer who also has a keen sense of how to build robust frameworks and APIs. You strive to refactor code into reusable components and enjoy helping others use them. You are also a team player — ready to engage in and facilitate design discussions. Your curiosity drives you to explore new technologies and apply creative solutions to problems. The ideal candidate pays close attention to details, but also keeps sight of the bigger picture.
Education & Experience
BS degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred, MS a plus
- • iOS development experience: Objective-C and/or Swift
- • Experience working on a metrics or analytics system