Data Scientist - Marketing Analytics - Apple Media Products
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you are a self-motivated, high-energy individual who is not afraid of challenges, we’re looking for you. Apple is seeking an expert Data Scientist to join a team passionate about Data Science & Analytics for Apple Media Products (AMP), covering the App Store, Apple Music/iTunes, Video and other services. This role will involve working with Internet-scale data across numerous product and customer touch points, undertaking in-depth quantitative analysis and building models to drive strategy. The team’s culture is centered around rapid iteration with open feedback and debate along the way, plus strong collaboration with product, engineering, business, and marketing partners.
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Scientist or Data Analyst role, preferably for an app or digital subscription business.
- You should have a strong and curious business mindset with an ability to condense complex concepts and analysis into clear and concise takeaways that drive action.
- Well-versed SQL languages. Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark preferred.
- Familiarity with Python or R and data visualization tools such as Tableau for full-stack data analysis, insight synthesis and presentation.
- Experience using relevant statistical packages to build predictive/ML models.
- Familiarity with A/B test experimentation design.
- Expertise in modern marketing technologies, techniques and strategies across Performance, Owned, Brand and Partnership channels.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to lead work to tight deadlines and handle the pressure of executive requests and product launches.
- Segment and cluster accounts according to activity and engagement. - Develop attribution models spanning multiple customer touch points and domains to accurately reflect and monitor marketing performance. - Help build timely dashboards to measure marketing performance by line of business, channel, platform and country. - Undertake deep quantitive analysis and design A/B test experiments to optimize marketing program/channel strategy according to line of business, audience, content and scheduling. - Build models to predict account acquisition, churn, retention, winback and LTV plus more automatically trigger relevant and timely marketing messages. - Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Business, Marketing and Executive teams to compile regular presentations for C-level about the ongoing performance of Marketing. - Partner with other Apple organizations on data privacy, data gathering, data governance, evangelizing critical metrics and democratizing data.
Education & Experience
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or relevant field. Ideally, Masters in related field.