Data Scientist - Marketing Analytics - Apple Media Products
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you are a self-motivated, high-energy individual who is not afraid of challenges, we’re looking for you. Apple is seeking an expert Data Scientist to join a team passionate about Marketing Analytics for Apple Media Products (AMP), which covers the App Store, Apple Music/iTunes, Video and other services. This role will involve working with internet-scale data across numerous customer touch points, developing capabilities tied to audience profiling, marketing attribution and performance monitoring, plus undertaking deep quantitative analysis and building models to drive program/channel strategy. The team’s culture is led by a dream to get things done iteratively and rapidly with open feedback and debate along the way, plus collaboration with Product, Engineering, Business and Marketing partners.
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Scientist or Data Analyst role, preferably for an app or digital subscription business.
- You should have a strong and curious business mindset with an ability to condense complex concepts and analysis into clear and concise takeaways that drive action.
- Well-versed SQL languages. Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark preferred.
- Familiarity with Python or R and data visualization tools such as Tableau for full-stack data analysis, insight synthesis and presentation.
- Experience using relevant statistical packages to build predictive/ML models.
- Familiarity with A/B test experimentation design.
- Expertise in modern marketing technologies, techniques and strategies across Performance, Owned, Brand and Partnership channels.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to lead work to tight deadlines and handle the pressure of executive requests and product launches.
- Segment and cluster accounts according to activity and engagement. - Develop attribution models spanning multiple customer touch points and domains to accurately reflect and monitor marketing performance. - Help build timely dashboards to measure marketing performance by line of business, channel, platform and country. - Undertake deep quantitive analysis and design A/B test experiments to optimize marketing program/channel strategy according to line of business, audience, content and scheduling. - Build models to predict account acquisition, churn, retention, winback and LTV plus more automatically trigger relevant and timely marketing messages. - Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Business, Marketing and Executive teams to compile regular presentations for C-level about the ongoing performance of Marketing. - Partner with other Apple organizations on data privacy, data gathering, data governance, evangelizing critical metrics and democratizing data.
Education & Experience
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or relevant field. Ideally, Masters in related field.