Silicon Validation Lab Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible? Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As part of our Silicon Validation team you will manage day-to-day operations in the SiVal Hardware Lab.
- 5+ years supporting and/or managing hardware design lab activities
- Familiar with hardware lab equipment setup and use - oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, function generators, etc.
- Excellent PCB rework skills including soldering fine pitch components; experience with BGA rework is a plus
- Ability to move heavy boxes of materials both on and off-site
- Independence to solve problems and to anticipate and prepare for future testing needs
- Willingness to help out all of the various lab customers and to support their varied needs
- Dedication to preserve the SiVal Hardware Lab’s perfect record for Apple inspections and maintaining this lab as one of the best at Apple
- Keep the lab clean, organized, and fully stocked with tools and accessories needed for hardware testing - Keep up-to-date on the latest test equipment and recommend upgrades to the lab as needed Board bring-up, rework, and debug of prototype hardware assisting the hardware design team - Occasional complicated and fine-pitch rework of prototype hardware inventory management, including calibration and necessary repair, of all hardware test equipment (oscilloscopes, analyzers, function generators, etc.) - Maintain and carry out all Apple lab safety and compliance policies - Assembly and support of mechanical and thermal test stations in SiVal labs - Setup and maintenance of hardware lab test benches Shipping material to remote sites, including secure shipments and material tracking General support of engineering activities for many teams within the Silicon Engineering Group