Technical Product Manager - Media
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We’re looking for a self-motivated, high-energy Technical Product Manager with a real passion for data to join our Apple Media Products (AMP) Analytics team in Cupertino. In this role, you’ll work with a diverse set of product and engineering teams to design and build innovative data systems that exceed industry standards and provide our analysts, data scientists, marketers and business teams with clear, accurate, and actionable insights. You’ll combine your passion for data (insights, visualizations and usefulness) with product experience to lead similarly passionate people at all levels in designing and building the data ecosystem delivering insights for a range of content types, including apps, music, video, and books.
- Hands-on experience and fluency with big data and analytics environments, including database technologies (HDFS, Cassandra, Vertica, and database platforms such as Teradata)
- Understanding of product, either in launching new features or redesigning existing systems, as well as past experience working with data and analytics systems in the digital space is a requirement
- Success in delivering automated, scalable analytics and reporting systems in a dynamic and multi-functional environment while running multiple projects and responsibilities
- Ability to query large datasets using SQL, Hive, Python, or similar languages and to distill your findings into easy-to-understand analyses
- Curiosity with an extreme attention to detail that drives self-audit of your work, need to understand complex systems and simplify topics
- An ability to clearly and effectively communicate and maintain relationships with a diverse group of internal and external partners, including strong prioritization and project management skills
• Drive the vision, strategy, and overall success for the data tools and analytics used by teams across Apple, articulating a compelling data product roadmap and delivering clear specifications; • Collaborate with people from marketing, analytics, engineering, and operations to tackle complex and meaningful problems with data and to deliver new and innovative data products, features, and improvements; • Design and maintain innovative and scalable systems that turn large amounts of data into clear, accurate, and easy-to-use visualizations and analyses; • Work closely with a development team to implement new features and improvements to these systems — turning your designs into code that lasts; • Meet directly with teams to identify ways to improve our analytics and anticipate needs by understanding industry trends.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree Engineering, Computer Science, or Business Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.