Business and CRM Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Reporting to the head of business intelligence for IS&S Payments & Commerce, this person will be responsible for marketing effectiveness and CRM analytics for the multi-billion dollar App Store & iTunes Gift Card and Gift Code business worldwide. We are seeking an exceptional data analyst to play an integral role in helping the business make decisions using data. You will partner with key stakeholders across he business teams as you design, refine, and create deep analytical investigations and innovative reporting solutions. This will include leveraging large and complex data sources, deriving actionable insights, delivering dynamic and intuitive decision tools, and bringing our data to life via amazing visualizations. The ideal candidate is a self-motived team player, skilled in a broad set of analytical tools, with a strong passion for data and effective visualization techniques. Ability to adapt and learn quickly, provide results with limited direction, and communicate complex results effectively is a must. In this role you will conduct deep topical analysis on a broad range of strategic and tactical questions related to CRM activities related to customer acquisition, lifecycle, and retention.
- You have a strong passion for empirical research and answering hard questions with data; the demonstrated ability to conceptualize, promote and implement new ideas for the business.
- You are a analytics professional with 5+ years of experience in marketing analytics and end-to-end measurement programs for customer acquisition and retention efforts.
- Have strong writing, data visualization and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to senior executives. Experience with Tableau is highly desirable. Capable of clearly communicating complex analyses to a non-technical audience
- Have a strong passion for conceptualizing, documenting and deploying complex analytical plans to solve business problems with minimal guidance.
- You are a self-starter, driven, accountable and a highly spirited team player.
- Strong knowledge of either SAS, R, or Python
- SQL mastery for data access, manipulation, and validation
- Experience working with large data sets
- Comfortable learning new technologies and working in a fast-paced environment
- Ideal candidates are proficient in Base SAS, SAS STAT & SAS Macros and you have working knowledge of SAS - Enterprise Guide/Miner.
- R/Python within Spark/Hadoop clusters highly preferred. - You have strong working knowledge of database structures and data warehousing principles and have solid experience in SQL with the ability to ETL both structured and unstructured data from various sources; experience with Teradata highly preferred.
- Candidates with a background in payments are also highly preferred
• Conceive and design end to end optimized data platforms and customer analytics to support key business decisions on marketing performance and CRM activities. • Conducting regular and ad-hoc analyses, data mining and predictive analytics to provide leadership with actionable insights at tactical and strategic levels related to the active customer and product type user base • Manage analytic projects through all phases, including data quality, data modeling, statistical analysis, data visualization and presentation of results and deliverables. • Design and develop highly polished and functional Tableau dashboards to support constructs such as churn/re-emergence, purchase cycle, behavioral change propensity and customer lifetime value • Quickly outline and build customized analyses for leadership • Partner with cross-functional teams to identify, frame, prioritize, and answer business questions where analytics can drive impact • Perform all aspects of analysis including data acquisition and manipulation, programming, data visualization, documentation, and presentation of results • Develop a deep understanding of our customer base and purchase/top-up choices • Contribute to the development of tools to improve team efficiency and productivity
Education & Experience
Minimum of bachelor’s degree, preferably in economics, statistics, computer science, or related quantitative field. Advanced degree in Applied Econometrics, Statistics, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Analytics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, or related field preferred.