Field Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple's Field Engineering team is looking for a motivated, highly technical Field Engineer with in-depth knowledge in wireless communication standards and RF/Antenna system. You will be involved in evaluating the latest iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch HW systems in both field and the Lab. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? You will become part of a hands-on development team that furthers engineering perfection, creativity and innovation. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative technologies are the norm here. We want you to join our team if you are a resourceful engineer with the desire to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- MUST HAVE:
- - Solid understanding along with a practical experience in at least one of the Wireless technology including GPS, Wi-Fi, BT, UMTS or LTE.
- - In depth knowledge & Expertise in System test plan creation and execution for any given wireless technology.
- - Background in OTA testing and RF issues debugging is a plus.
- - Professional communication skills tailored to situation and audience.
- - Good interpersonal and validated written/verbal communication skills
- - You are be able to work independently and should be enthusiastic with a can-do attitude.
- - You demonstrate the ability to lead a complete functional area of an application or product.
- - You are able to Travel Locally and Internationally.
- SHOULD HAVE:
- - Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- - Experience with test instruments such as RF Signal Generators, Oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer etc.
- - Scripting experience (shell/perl/python/Matlab)
Our Field Engineers evaluate the latest iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch HW systems in both field and the Lab. You will work on very early evaluations of our Prototypes and HW Systems on different wireless technologies, including performance metrics creation/evolution, post processing and analysis of trace log from the field. It also includes running focused experiments in relationship to RF/OTA performance, acoustics, thermals, etc. You will be working with several multi-functional teams and perform deep dive analysis into internal logs to understand and identify root cause of any HW/SW System issues.
Education & Experience
Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar is required