Technical Product Manager - Media
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you are a self-motivated, high-energy individual who is not afraid of challenges, we’re looking for you. We’re looking for a Technical Product Manager with a real passion for media to join our Partner Data and Analytics team in Cupertino. You’ll work with peers from a diverse set of product and engineering teams to design and build innovative reporting systems that exceed industry standards and provide our partners with clear, accurate, and actionable insights. In this role, you’ll combine your passion for media (film, TV, and books) with data to chart a strategic course. In this role, you’ll lead similarly passionate people at all levels and be part of the team responsible for building the reporting and data systems used globally by our partners across a wide range of content types, including apps, music, film, and books.
- A deep understanding of media, either in film, TV, or books, and past experience working with data and reporting systems in the digital space is a requirement
- A validated ability to deliver automated, scalable analytics and reporting systems in a dynamic and multi-functional environment while running multiple projects and responsibilities
- A demonstrated ability to query large datasets using SQL, Hive, Python, or similar languages and to distill your findings into easy-to-understand analyses
- A nagging intellectual curiosity and an utmost attention to detail that drives you to self-audit your work and understand complex systems
- An ability to clearly and effectively communicate and maintain relationships with a diverse group of internal and external partners
Drive the vision, strategy, and overall success for the data tools and analytics used by our media partners, conceptualizing a compelling data product roadmap and delivering clear specifications - Collaborate with peers from product, analytics, engineering, and operations to tackle complex and meaningful problems with data and to deliver new and innovative partner-facing data products, features, and improvements - Design and maintain innovative and scalable systems to turn large amounts of data into clear, accurate, and easy-to-use reports - Work closely with a development team to implement new features and improvements to these systems, turning your designs into code that lasts - Meet directly with our partners to identify ways to improve our reporting and anticipate needs by understanding industry trends
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree Engineering, Computer Science, or Business Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.